Narrowing of the coronary arteries refers to as Coronary heart disease in which blood vessels that supply oxygen and blood to the heart gets narrowed. It is one of the major cause of deaths globally.
When cholesterol starts accumulating on the artery walls, it results in Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). In such cases, the arteries get narrowed, which results in the reduction of blood flow to the heart. Many times a clot gets formed which obstructs the flow of blood to the heart muscle.
CHD results in chest pain, myocardial infarction, shortness of breath, or heart attack. One of the most common types of heart disease in the United States is CHD, almost 3-4 lakhs death occurs every year due to CHD.
Some Facts and Figures :
- In 2008, 23.5 % of deaths were accounted for CHD in The US.
- About 7.35 Lakhs Americans have a heart attack each year as reported by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),.
- The initial symptoms or warnings include discomfort in breathing and chest pain.
- Angina and Heart attack are examples of coronary heart disease.
The human fist and the human heart muscle are of the same size. A human heart pumps the blood to the lungs, where it collects oxygen. The oxygen-rich blood is then pumped back to the heart and which is then pumped to organs throughout the body through arteries.
The de-oxygenated blood is then sucked back into the heart via veins to send it to lungs to oxygenate it.
Heart’s network of blood vessels are the coronary arteries. The coronary arteries cover the surface of the heart, and Coronary arteries are the one which supplies the heart muscle with oxygen. Once this gets narrowed, the heart muscle gets low oxygen-rich blood.
Initially, this may not lead to any symptoms but after sometime when the fat keeps depositing and the arteries path keeps getting narrowed, symptoms like chest pain starts arising.
- Chest pain
- Related symptoms
- Stable angina
- Unstable angina
- Variant angina
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Heart attack
- Dieting: Having fresh foods, vitamins rich foods and avoiding cholesterol-rich food helps a lot to avoid CHD.
- Workout: Have some physical activity in your daily activity at least of one hour daily. It increases the blood circulation which in result burns the body fats.
- People with CHD or diabetes should be in doctors regular touch and follow every instruction given by the doctor.
For latest updates on CHD, Come and join us @ Heart Congress 2018 this November @ Osaka.
#HeartCongresss2018 #HeartConferences #CardiologyConferences #HeartMeetings #Osaka #Japan #HeartHealth #CHD #BetterHeartHealth